Perhaps feeling a bit nostalgic for the summer 20 years ago that I spent on a dig in Jordan, I’ve been doing a bit of self-directed reading lately focused on lithics.
Starting with the list of references in recent academic texts, I’ve sought out oft-cited, out-of-print books by mid-century archaeological luminaries.
- Flintknapping: Making and Understanding Stone Tools by John C. Whittaker (1994)
- Lithics: Macroscopic Approaches to Analysis by William Andrefsky, Jr. (2005)
- Lithic Analysis by George Odell (2006)
- The Old Stone Age. by François Bordes (1968)
- Tools of the Old and New Stone Age by Jacques Bordaz (1970)